Hello! I'm Bryan Dugan, a UI designer and front-end web developer based out of Rochester Hills, Michigan.
This is where I will keep my most up to date setup for anyone curious or just getting started in UI Design and/or Web Development and would like to see what tools other designers/developers use.
- I design almost entirely in Sketch, but recently started using Figma.
- I use Invision to prototype all my web applications and give design feedback.
- Zeplin to keep track of UI development tasks.
- I use Adobe Illustrator for branding related projects.
I write all my code using PHPStorm.
- I use the Base16 Ocean color scheme.
- I recently started using and enjoying JetBrains Mono
- I use GitHub to manage all my source code.
- I use Digital Ocean for creating all of my servers. It's easy to use and just works.
- I recently switched to RunCloud on top of Digital Ocean for setting up the server's LEMP stack and managing applications. It takes most of the pain out of managing a server.
- While working, I always have Spotify going on in the background with some sort of ambient electronic, or chill-hop music.
- I take all my notes and write blog articles in Notion. I then export the completed posts to markdown for my blog.
- I use Google Drive to manage all my active projects.
- Google Suite is what I use for my Email/calendar, and also take full advantage of docs/sheets to collaborate with teammates.
- Scroll Reverser is a great simple application that automatically reverses the scroll on different devices. While using a mouse I like to have normal scrolling, but while using a trackpad, I prefer reverse scrolling.
- Magnet for organizing windows.
- Spark is what I use as my Email client. It's a fantastic, free and beautiful Email client.
- Managing a lot of user accounts, I use 1password to store all my passwords.
- Harvest for Time Tracking and Invoices.
- Contrast for quickly checking color accessibility.
- I currently use a base-model 16-inch late-2019 Macbook Pro in Space Gray.
- I use the Samsung U32J590UQN 32″ 4k Monitor as my primary monitor. It's a wonderful large budget 4k monitor for design work and web development.
- To the right of the primary monitor, I keep my Macbook Display opened and use it as a secondary display. I use the Rain mStand in space gray to prop up the laptop.
- After using the external Apple Trackpad for about the last five years, I recently switched back to using a mouse. I have the Logitech g502 along with the Steelseries QcK Medium which is one of my favorite simplistic mousepads of all time.
- I use an older Apple Bluetooth Keyboard from 2013 that takes two AA batteries.
- For file storage and backups I use a Synology DS213 with two 6TB Western Digital Red hard drives that are mirrored. I have it set up so every night, it backs up whatever new data there is from Google Drive. I also have it set up to do my Time Machine backups.
- I absolutely love the Apple Airpods. I use them throughout the day for listening to music, while on conference calls and going to the gym.
- The desk that I currently use is the Autonomous SmartDesk 2, Business Edition with the Walnut Top 53"x29" Classic, Black Platform, and cable tray. It's a good desk for its price point, though the top is starting to scuff just after a year of usage. I might look into making a custom top for it in the future.
- My office chair is an Autonomous Ergochair. It's a decent chair for its price point, although I'd love to upgrade to a Herman Miller Aeron or Mirra 2 in the future.
- The backpack I use is the OGIO Renegade 17″ Backpack. Every pocket of the backpack is extremely well thought out. I'm a huge fan of OGIO products and I also use their gym bag, and a golf bag from them as well.
- I currently use the iPhone XS. I only update my phone if it's completely necessary. Usually, a phone will last me 4-5 years before it's time for it to be replaced.
- I absolutely love Baron Fig Notebooks. To me, they are the perfect size for jotting down notes and general usage.
- I'm not huge into home automation, but I am obsessed with Phillips Hue Bulbs, my home/office is decked out with the bulbs, play bars, light strips, and wall switches.
- I recently got into printing my artwork and found the Canon IP8720 to be the perfect entry-level printer.
- My turntable is the REGA Planar 1 Plus in White. The plus model has a built in preamp for modern systems that you can turn on/off. If you're looking for a new record player, be sure to go through Audio Advisor out of Grand Rapids, Michigan. My experience through them has been great.